Plug in a MIDI keyboard and play away!
- ✓ Live MIDI visualization
- ✓ Standard MIDI file export
- ✓ Saves while you play, so you can recover recordings!
- ✓ Note velocity / loudness
- ✓ Pitch bends
- ✓ Sustain pedal
- ✓ Instrument changes
- ✓ No data sent to any server
- ✓ Options saved in URL
- ✓ Open source (MIT-licensed)
- Aftertouch pressure and miscellaneous MIDI events are not recorded.
- Instrument is assumed to be piano at start of each recording. If you want to keep playing with a different instrument, change the instrument and change it back to send an instrument change event.
- Some pianos give different numbers for instruments than the GM standard, and/or use bank selects, which aren't supported. You may want to note the instruments in the file name.
- Only one channel is supported, so split/dual instrument settings won't work.
- Pitch bend range is assumed to be ± 2 semitones (a common default).
No MIDI devices detected
MIDI device not showing up?
- Make sure it's plugged into your computer and turned on.
- Try refreshing the page.
- If that doesn't work, try unplugging it and plugging it back in.
- Try restarting your computer.